Have you been asking yourself the question lately, is it time to start therapy? If you answer yes to any of the following questions then the answer is yes!
- Experience unease, tension, stress, or worry?
- Feel like you are ready to let go of old patterns and move towards something new?
- Feel that your anxiety runs your life?
- Struggle in relationships and find yourself wondering what your boundaries are?
- Experience loneliness, depression, or anger?
- Find yourself wondering what your purpose is in this world and who your true self is?
- Have a lack of self esteem or confidence in life?
- Love only from a distance and feel that fear controls your life?
My guess is you most likely answered yes to one or more of the bullets above. I often tell my clients that a wave of consciousness is occuring, and therapy can provide you with the space to hop on the wave of getting to know yourself in a more intimate way. Growth requires introspection and often a witness. Many of us are caught up in the rat race of life that we “don’t have time” to check in with our own inner voice.
We live in a time where we have the ability to connect with anybody at anytime; yet many are left feeling absolutely disconnected from the world and even worse…. themselves.
When people first walk into my office the first thing they often report is that they feel empty, anxious, and depressed. If you can relate to anything that I have said, I encourage you to find a therapist. Take that first step and I guarantee you won't regret it. Therapy can provide you with a space where you can finally start challenging old beliefs, begin to address negative patterns, and finally wake up from the trance state that you have been calling your life. You can do it!